Very Old Walls

I have some very old slate stone walls, which need some repair.
The mortar is definatly not cement, but probably lime.
Does anybody know of a book / webpage etc that tells me all the basic stuff for woring with this stuff, like how to mix, how hight to go in one day, how long to dry
Thanks     Rick

day, how long to dry

I wrote a LIME faq some time ago for UK_Selfbuild - should tell you all you need to know.
or get the FAQ which also contains it - at the forum site or at: http://www.borpin.co.uk/sbfaq
There are also now MANY sites on the web about Lime .. which was not the case when I wrote the FAQ, they may be more useful ... eg: http://www.stastier.co.uk/index.htm?faq.htm~rbottom
and probably the best on line source about LIME and it's use - http://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/agenda21/buildingcons/Lime%20book/maincont.h tm
Regards