vertical combi boiler flues

I will at some point want to move my boiler into the extension and vent throught the roof. I wish to include the flashing in the roof in advance. I will leave an uncut weathering slate in the roof for future use. A couple of questions:

  1. Will vertical boiler flues usually be OK in a standard lead / rubber weathering slate ?
  2. Can you get adjustable bends, since the boiler and weathering slate are unlikely to be precisely aligned ? Thanks, Simon.
Reply to
sm_jamieson

Most likely.

You would need to check the manufacturers installation instructions as to whether a vertical flue kit is available for your boiler model.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

These seem to work OK.

Each manufacturer will have a range of additional flue fittings. Some thought needs to used because the aditional fittings can be quite costly. Also moving the boiler position a little might solve a lot of problems.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks, its a question that the boiler will be disguised as a kitchen wall cabinet, but of course the kitchen internals are not finally designed yet ! Cannot go out of the wall as it will be too near other vents (airbricks, extractor fans etc) Simon.

Reply to
Simon