Venturi Showers

I am about to embark on a bathroom refurbishment and I want to improve my shower. I currently have a mixer shower which can, at best, be described as adequate. The head for the hot water is only a meter.

The alternatives seem to be: an electric shower - major electrical work, but minor plumbing, probaly not much better pressure than at present and an unattractive box on the wall. an integrated power shower - minor electrical, more complicated plumbing, not sure of the pressure and again a box on the wall. a shower pump - not really got room in the airing cupboard for this a venturi shower - this seems ideal, simple plumbing no electrical work. So what is the dowmside to this. Anyone have any experience with them or know which brands are best?

A further point. I am thinking of having my water metered for a trial period but reading the small print it seems that the water board will not let you revert to unmetered water if you have, among others, a power shower. Is a Venturi classed as a power shower ?

Reply to
dcbwhaley

On 21 Jan 2007 03:12:15 -0800 someone who may be "dcbwhaley" wrote this:-

Provided the design and installation instructions are followed there are few complaints with them. The instructions are available on the web and can be found with search engines. There are only a few models to research.

Ask them. It probably depends on their personal whim.

If you are part of a large family then a water meter often means higher bills, if you live alone or are part of a small family then a meter usually means smaller bills. However, it depends on the water consumption, which can vary wildly between apparently similar families.

Reply to
David Hansen

Only that I've repaired several of them - Aqualisa & Mira. Bits are easy enough to get but not cheap. Last one was an Aquamixer and the cartridge was over £100. Mira was a bit cheaper. Worth checking out.

Reply to
david lang

The message from "dcbwhaley" contains these words:

I fitted a Trevi Boost for my sister and can recommend that. It was not cheap but some at least of the cheap venturi showers have a very poor reputation.

No doubt Dribble will be along shortly to again claim that I couldn't possibly have fitted the shower but (again) I won't see it unless someone reposts Dribbles fantasy. That is one of the many reasons Dribble resides in my kill file.

Reply to
Roger

You haven't mentioned the source of the Hot Water. An alternative approach is to incorporate a 'Heat Bank/ Thermal Store' as the source of Hot Water. With such an arrangement the HW, will be at mains-pressure.

Water _boards_ are passé; the Water _Company_ is the new kid (supplier) on the block. AIUI, power-showers are notifiable and you'll have no option but to have a meter installed. [Southern Water offered to install meters without charge some years back but I understand that one has to pay a fee nowadays ... browse your Water Suppliers website for details]

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Sorry, in my last post I mentioned Aqualisa & Mira. Should have been Aqualisa & Trevi Boost.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 17:37:49 GMT someone who may be "Brian Sharrock" wrote this:-

Depends which country one is in. Scotland currently has one water board, though it is not called that as part of the objective (both with it and its three predecessors) is to privatise it when the public are not looking.

Reply to
David Hansen

Roger, you must have screwed it up! I can't believe it works.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel