Venting a tumbler dryer

Hello; I need to vent the output from my tumber dryer. However there is no direct access to an outside wall.

The best option would be to go stright up through the roof, but this would involve a run of about 3m.

Currently I run it through the garage to a doorway. But I note that quite a lot of water condenses in the plastic pipe. It needs emptied out every few days of use. I did try placing a shower extractor fan halfway along the pipe. But the hot air warped the plastic case and broke three fans!

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

You'd be a lot better off with a condenser model which doesn't need venting...

Can't you configure the ducting so it angles slightly downwards allowing condensate to run away outside? Are you using concertina-like stuff or the solid, smooth ducting (much more efficient)?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Hmmm; I thought they were even more enery inefficient!

Never considered that! I will have to look at the run again. But the current duct runs across the floor and out a door. The most direct and convienent root is up and out the roof. I was wondering if anybody had done this sort of thing before, and if they had had to employed a sump of some kind.

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

Throw it away and buy a proper condensing model that doesn't need venting.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I've done something similar but not for a tumble drier. This little arrangement would prob suit your needs. You'd need to have ready access to the bottle trap as it will tend to clog will wet fluff and you'll need a connection to a drain for the condensate. Use fixed width font:

Reply to
fred