Ventilation shaft?

Well, not strictly true. The old chimney that goes downstairs to the original "airing cupboard/boiler room" Redundant due to combi on outside wall.

Cupboard is to house manifold for upstairs (living area / kitchen etc) UFH, but due to having very low ventilation in the downstairs bedrooms/bathroom as half is built into the hill (Windows only on one side of house) I was wondering if there would be a worthwhile case for some form of low speed extraction or induction fan over the original hole in the chimney (Flue) which is about 12" square?

Being in the cupboard I thought it could provide fresh air into the house even slightly warmed due to the heating components housed therein.

Any thoughts appreciated. Ta.

Reply to
Pet