Ventilating a larder

I have a walk in larder which has no ventilation. I would like to ventilate it on the Northern wall, I think an air brick would be sufficient, what is the best type to go for, ideally I would like to be able to close it on the larder side if necessary.

Reply to
Broadback

Standard air brick and a louvre for closing off on the inside. Might be worth putting one on the outside to prevent nasty draughts in the winter. If smell isn't likely to be a problem provide an air gap/grille in the larder door to allow free flow of air when the door is closed

Reply to
Robbo

Or even a standard xtractor fan pipe and grille through and on the outside

You still need a bit of venting..

I would more say insulate the larder and seal the door..so it stays really cool.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Our larder has one at the bottom and another at the top - both permanently open and causing no problem that way. They also have an (essential) fine insect screen on the inside...

Geo

Reply to
Geo