vent terminal airspace

I have to use flashed-in vents to cope with the low pitch of my roof. You can use the soil pipe lead/rubber weathering slates plus a cowl, but would not look as neat as these:

may want to use these to vent the roof void as well, but I would need the airspace specification in square millimetres for the building regs, however none are specified. I may have to email manrose (not much hope of an answer, they are a funny lot), but anyone used these outlets, or could make a guess ?

Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Note: this is my second post about roof venting. I wish to avoid vents in the gable since a boiler flue outlet is to go there and cannot have vents close by due to "the regs". Simon.

Reply to
Simon

The smaller of the area of the (smallest) pipe entry going in to it, or the external rectangular edge length x the height above the slates/ tiles. Less a derating factor if the BCO wants to argue about it, eg

25% extra vents because you're using a non-standard product/method.

Owain

Reply to
Owain