Veneered MDF.

Does anyone know of a supplier in Scotland (preferrably near Glasgow) of :-
(1) Veneered MDF, or (2) thin hardwood boards that you can veneer with yourself
I just tried the main timber merchant in Glasgow, East End Sawmills, and was amazed at the price - 52 for an 8'x 4' sheet!
Thanks, Mark.

You don't say what it's veneered with.
Depending upon the veneer, 52 might not be a bad price. Relative demand might have an influence here as well - if there's not much call for it, expect to pay a premium.
Have a look at http://www.slhardwoods.com/ - online prices for all their sheet materials here, which will be useful for comparison if nothing else.
cheers Richard
-- Richard Sampson

Have you thought of veneered ply ? this is available in several grades - I bought some 8x4 sheest of first grade sapelle and knot free pine veneer.
R90 for the 4 sheets.
Rick