velux windows for flat roofs

hi,
considering purchasing a velux window to install in flat roof of extension.
It appears that the tru FRS version costs twice the price of the same size window for a pitched roof. Admittedly it comes with an insulated wooden kerb (plinth) for the window to sit and flashing.
Looking at the wooden kerb it doesn't seem a difficult thing to make and was wondering if anyone had used the bog standard GGL windows and made them fit a flat roof.
Making the plinth seems fairly straight forward but from what I can see it would be the flashing that would be the difficult thing to adapt.
Has anyone achieved this, just seems very expensive to pay twice the price when its only the flashing that is different or can you buy the flashing on its only.
comments please.
duncan
I suggest you investigate firbreglass, great for sealing strange shapes in roofs .........
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:04:04 +0000 (UTC), "duncan"