Velux window positioning limitations?

Hi,

Is there any limitations as to how close to an adjoining property you can fit a velux window; eg the edge of the frame no closer than 50cm ??

Thanks

Reply to
Tim Morley

What sort of objections are you getting?

The only limit is how thick the wall is. Or do you want the window to cross the cavity?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

No current objections. I have ha plans passed for alterations to my attic. The 2 existing rooms (with double dormer) rebuilt internally, with new part built to rear. I have rooms stripped now, and one of the rooms is now worrying me. 3m wide, with 1.5m of dormer, then 1.5m of sloping roof down to about 1m from flor. Due to room shae the only place for the bed is there. So I was thinking it would be a little claustrophobic, so put a velux in the sloping section too. This adjoins next door. I was not sure if you had to leave a minumum distance from "their" bit of the roof.

Cheers

Reply to
Tim Morley