Vax Rapide XL: cleaning the cleaner

Our Vax Rapide XL has accumulated a lot of soggy fluff in the narrow channels of the transparent plastic assembly that transports the used water from the carpet surface to the dirty water tank. I've removed the six screws but the two sections of the assembly don't seem to want to separate.

Is there a non-destructive(!) way to get them to part, or another way to remove the fluff?

I just flush the thing with water after each use, and if necessary squirt water up the intake. Once I also used a bit of flat plastic strap to move some stuff out the way. Disappointing that they dont disassemble.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

With six screws in there I'm also disappointed that it doesn't dismantle. Looks like I'll have to resort to flushing it...

replying to F, Hugh wrote: To date I've flushed after use but had to clean a very dirty carpet recently and I cannot shift some of the fluff - hindsight is wonderful when it comes to poor design.

Reply to
Hugh

Not tried this... I suspect you might get success by feeding string through using a wire, then pulling the strig back & forth with water in there to get the muck out. Or maybe you can get long enough pipe cleaners.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

replying to Hugh, Steph wrote: It does open just be forceful with a screw driver and they pop apart :)

Reply to
Steph

or does he sell carpet cleaners?

Reply to
tabbypurr

replying to Steph, Lyndsa wrote: Are you sure, it comes apart ive been trying all day to separate it

Reply to
Lyndsa

Most people on this group would use an angle grinder.

Reply to
alan_m

How old is this thread I wonder, I never look these days. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

maybe some do some don't. Pipe cleaner time.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Started in 2014, resuscitated in 2019 by 'Hugh', causing it to come to uk.d-i-y. I suggest blocking all posts ending "for full context, visit

"

Reply to
Dave W