Varnishing

I have some varnishing to do in the bathroom. I have removed the plastic bath panels i made and have now replaced them with wood. Its only the thinish T&G cladding type but I need to make sure it doesnt rot. I have also made a step to get into the bath, this was made from a B&Q window sill. Its very thick so wont dip or warp but this too needs to be varnished and I need to somehow make it non slippy. Whats the best varnish to use and whats the best way to do it please. It will have a light coat of antique pine stain too.

Thanks Sam

Reply to
Samantha Booth

We use Blackfrairs satin floor varnish, from Screwfix, for eveything - pine floors, louvre doors, door knobs etc etc and applied by brush - 5 coats, 24 hr between coats. 4 inch roller quicker but thinner coat.

Reply to
CS

yes, floor varnish - but coat the wood with something rot delaying first

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Rustins Liquid Plastic really is waterproof. IME not much else at the consumer end of the market is.

Reply to
stuart noble