'Varilight' LV transformer

I've just re-sited one of these Varilight 12v lighting SMPS transformers (bought from TLC) and noticed the cover/cord grip on the mains end had actually pierced the insulation of the feed TW&E. Its fixing screws weren't done up particularly tight, either.

The design of the grip is a square section bar which fits tightly between two others if tightened fully.

These designs annoy me. It is presumably designed for ordinary TW&E input

- the instructions say no different - but there is no provision to make off the earth and therefore to extend it onwards if needed - although there are two sets of mains terminals for just this purpose.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)