Valueing land

We are interested in getting a value for our Church and site which is on a main street close to the station and in the middle of small shops.

Can anyone recommend a good valuer in the Essex/London (East) area?

Thanks

Reply to
John

You may find it's an iterative process, because its value is likely to depend on exactly what planning permission you might get for it, and valuers may not be very imaginative, or have a good feel what would get past the planners, but architects may not be good at optimising a site's commercial value. If it's a Grade 1 listed Wren church, with a recently-used graveyard, the value probably approaches zero, from one direction or the other. An informal chat to your local authority planning department might be a good first step if you're expecting it to sell as development land.

Reply to
Autolycus

In article , Autolycus writes

It is not listed and has no architectural features to speak of! Thanks for the advice

Reply to
John

Depending on what you can get Planning Permission for, the value may vary anything between ~£2M (PP for conversion to flats & build a couple of houses in the graveyard) to nil (no PP available for anything.)

Reply to
Huge