Value of school workbench?

Hi folks,
We've got a 'proper' workbench in the garage that we rescued from an old school, and I'm wondering if someone here might be able to put a sale value on it? The garage is too far away for practical use - 43 paces at last count - plus I don't like keeping valuable tools in there and the bench is waaaay too big to have in the house.
Description: maybe 5.5'x3' in size, *thick* wooden workbench with central channel (remember the ones you used at school), 2 big vices, 2 door storage cupboard underneath etc.
Anyone?
cheers
witchy/binarydinosaurs
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:11:03 +0100, Witchy

10 - all that one raised when my dad stuck it in the local auction. I'm still annoyed at him doing it, but what can you do when they get to that age.... 8-(
It's a school bench - no-one wants them, because they're too low. The most cost effective option is to either sell it locally with a sensible price tag on it (might take a few goes, but someone will bit eventually), or to take the two (highly saleable) vices off it and eBay them separately.
Andy Dingley typed the following
<snip>

There is a market for "school sized "stuff out there I am only 5 3 and 40 years old.
--
yours K (Addy not usable [not that you would try it anyway])
There wis a Hare ran tae a burn it ran sae fast it couldnae turn
Witchy wrote:

that provide corporal punishment, or so I am informed.
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 20:32:16 +0100, "BillR"

I bet it's big enough for whatever that entails :o)
witchy/binarydinosaurs
Witchy wrote:

Cuple of hundred quid, if its in good wood and in goo nick.

They seem to have a Equipment Always Required page - http://www.gandmtools.co.uk/general/reqd.html which lists workbenches as being something they need.
If they're selling them for 165+ - you might possibly get more from them than from eBay or something..

Well, it IS seriously heavy and it's made by EMIR in Ashford. Closest match I can find to it on the website is:
http://www.emir.co.uk/docs/Pages/MultiFunction.html
The vices are made by Woden.
Here's some Big Pics:
http://vorbis.demon.co.uk/wb1.jpg
http://vorbis.demon.co.uk/wb2.jpg
http://vorbis.demon.co.uk/wb3.jpg
The vice has a 10p piece on it for scale :)
cheers
witchy/binarydinosaurs
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:45:41 +0100, Witchy

I don't know about the vice, but possibly the RT11 manuals are collector's items :-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes

Put them with my (working) DECmateII, DECmate and Rainbow manuals for a job lot?
On 8 Jul 2003 21:07:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Bob Eager) wrote:

Sorry, only got the Rainbow's here out of that bunch! (how bizarre is this thread getting?!) ;O)
Take Care, Gnube

That's a full 4.x set, sitting alongside a full Ultrix 4.x set and the good ol' VMS 'grey wall' of manuals :)
They're all part of this:
http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk
It's funny you should bring RT11 up, 'cos the reason we're selling the workbench is I'm getting 4 big-box PDPs next week!
cheers
witchy/binarydinosaurs