Valspar paint. Any Good?

I normally only buy Crown or Dulux but my wife fancies doing our kitchen in a colour only available from Valspar. She also likes the idea that it is "scrubbable". I realise that I can get specially mixed Dulux and Crown but they only seem to be wipable.

Any pointers?

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Another Dave wrote in news:nku2p6$bp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Personally, I have never had a problem cleaning normal goo emusion. Just a spray with a cleaner and then a gentle wipe.

Who scrubs walls?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

My wife.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Don't recall seeing it for years. In the old days it was a perfectly reputable brand and the gloss was supposed to have a slightly harder surface than other brands. (I wouldn't dare challenge my wife over an aesthetic decision like paint colour, although I keep her well clear of Farrow and Ball).

Reply to
newshound

I don't know if its badge engineered, but back in them old days of the 60s Valspar paint was wonderful stuff. I bete its not anymore!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Old scrubbers usually. :-)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It was pretty good when I painted my Lambretta in 1963, could barely see the brush marks!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

B&Q stock loads of it, to the point I'd assumed it was one of their own brands.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Valspar used to be among the best, but that was decades ago. I've not used it for donkeys years.

Reply to
Nightjar