Valiant Boiler vcw sine 18 t3wf help!

Hi, I have just bought a conversion flat with a dated Valiant Combi wall mounted boiler model vcw sine 18 t3wf I turned the heating on and noticed the rads were only hot at the bottom and gargerling noises were coming through them I turned the heating on one evening for 10 mins then bled the rads - after 10 mins the rads went cold and there was no running hot water The boiler pressure after checking was at 0, I pumped more water through the loop which got the pressure back upto 1 but I still have no heating or hot water - Normally when I turn the hot water or heating on the pilot ignites but since the loss of pressure the pilot (is on) does not ignite and heat up Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

*help*! Kay
Reply to
kc

Please read the Sealed CH FAQ to know what to do about bleeding air and pressures. With a bit of luck the boiler over heated and put the pilot light out. These models have a permanent pilot light. So you could try relighting it?

The boiler must be around 20 years + so you may want to look at replacing it in the medium term.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , kc writes

Has the overheat stat tripped out ?

Hot at the top cold at the bottom prolly means that the rads are full of sludge and need either removing and flushing or flushing with a suitable chemical

Reply to
geoff

That may be true but what relevance is it to the OP?

Reply to
Man at B&Q

'coz I didn't read the bloody post correctly

OK - full of air then

'appy ?

good

Reply to