VAILLANT COMBI-BOILER - need help with setting it up!

We've been renting a flat for about 6 months which has a Vaillant combi boiler. We had problem previously with the heating and had to reset it after the plumber fixed it. The landlady didn't have a copy of the boiler set up instructions, so we have no idea how to program it. Can any one please help because the water is running cold and I really think it's a case of programming the combi boiler right, then hopefully we can have a damn bath in our own flat!!

I'm not sure of the make of boiler because it has been installed inside a kitchen cupboard which only shows the front.

I'd really appreciate anyone who could be of any assistance.

Sarah.

Reply to
swheelers

It would be very unusual for the instructions not to be available online.

Go to the manufacturers website and download their instructions.

Reply to
RedOnRed

In news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk scribed:

8< snip

Sarah,

Combi boilers are 'on demand' appliances, and not like the boilers that heat up water that then gets stored in a cylinder waiting for a bath to be drawn or a tap to be run. Therefore, if your boiler is switched ON, and is being fed mains pressure cold water, then unless there is no gas or the boiler is faulty, it will heat up the water the moment a tap is turned on. If the Central Heating is also on at the same time, then a valve inside the boiler automatically switches the heating over to the domestic hot water side, at the expense of the central heating. However, as the time taken to heat the water is usually very short, this has little impact on the heat being released from the radiators, and as soon as the hot taps are turned off, the central heating side takes over again.

The 'programming' is a timer of sorts that only effects when the central heating comes on and goes off again. It has no effect on hot water in the taps.

As you have mentioned that the boiler has been 'fixed', I am therefore of the view that it is still faulty. But unless you provide a model number, it is impossible for anyone to say precisely what you need to check to ensure all the controls are set as they should be. I would therefore get the plumber back toute suite! ;-)

Kind regards Nigel

Reply to
nrh

Vaillant are a bit behind on this one. However you have only to ring them up 0870 6060 777 to request a manual (Free of Charge).

Reply to
Ed Sirett