vacuum cleaners

And block within an incredibly short time :¬(

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

A neighbour who also cleans for me has had three Dysons to my one Panasonic. Strange people get so passionate about a mere device used for cleaning carpets, etc.

I found it telling that a branch of Curries had a rack full of Dyson spares on display. Only fast moving parts get that treatment.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And no bags, belts or filters for other makes?

Dyson are good marketeers, providing stores with big display stands gives their product a higher profile and people looking will see the easy availability of spares, whether they will actually need them or not. It still raises a "plus point".

Remember POS stands are provided by the product maker not the store, likewise the BOGOF or price reductions you see in supermarkets come from the manufactureres not the store. Quite often the same BOGOF or a similar price reduction will be available in many different named stores at the same time.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Filteration is all about stopping particles above a certain size. If a Henry paper bag blocks rapidly it means its doing what it should do - trapping smal particles instead of blowing them out all over the room.

I once sold a Sebo commercial twin motor upright vac to a farmers wife. Farmer, four sons, three dogs - carpets were filthy, could have planted spuds in them.

Anyone who has ever used a Sebo commercial twin motor upright will know they are the mutts nuts. Best upright vac on the market bar none.

She called a week later to complain the the dust bag (5 litre) kept filling up, much more often than her old vacs bag did. Took me half an hour to explain that it was filling up because it was removing the dirt from her carpets. She finally admitted that yes, the carpets had actually chaged colour since she started using the Sebo.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's why bagged cleaners are useless for any serious dust. A cyclone removes the dust from the airstream, which is why it carries on working.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Cyclones are nothing new in commercial vacs, this USA machine has been around since the 1960's to my knowledge.

reason Dysons don't clog up is that the performance is so poor they leave most of the dirt behind.

I frequently use customers vacs to clean up and with Dysons I often wonder if they are actually working or not.

My daughter has just started a domestic cleaning business, first job she started to use the clients Dyson & gave up. Came round to ours & borrowed an Electrolux UZ934 tub vac to finish the job.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

I think the thing is that

  1. Dyson spares are actually avaialable
  2. All Dyson spares are easy to obtain, direct from the company
  3. All Dyson spares can be fitted in a reasonably straightforward manner ( no screws that can't be undone etc.)

We did have one, with a well-worthwhile 5-year parts and labour guarantee. At the end of five years all that was left of the original was the metal tubes and the dust container. Absolutely everything else had been replaced, most of it more than once. Went through about half a dozen trigger handles until I designed and fabricated my own replacement which never needed replaced.

Currently usuing a Pamasonic. We insist on a bagless model. The Panasonic is being treated as a throwaway -- 3 year warranty under which it has already been replaced once before the first year was up.

Reply to
Appin