--

Regards

John

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:48:12 UTC, "John"

Only a plug for a Henry (OK, about 80 quid) but simple, little to go wrong, powerful for its size, touch....and it has a cheeky smile!
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Or Dysons as I can get them cheap :-)
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:46:10 -0000, "Matthew Ames"

indeed - our local tip usually has a few to choose from - never seen a Henry/George/Charles there though.
Barley Twist (Please put out the cats to reply direct)

Seriously, if considering a Dyson, do have a good look at the build quality etc etc before forking out. Alright, I'm biased, I think they are overpriced and not very good
Steve
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:24:54 +0000, Barley Twist

So does ours. And mere cord replacement fixes many of them.

abused - very, very seriously given them some stick) the Goblin AquaVac models for years now and they refuse to die. Never had to replace brushes yet either. I think they were about 50.

I've got a VAX that's worked without fail since 1992, used for general cleaning, DIY - 2 house moves and cleaning the car! It owes me nowt!
However When I replace it I'll get a SEBO upright - Expensive but good c/w automatic brush height - Can be bought retail from John Lewis.
Kev
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:48:12 -0000, "John"

Get a Henry ! (or his heavier-duty steel cased friend)

I'd contemplate splashing out on a robotic cleaner, depending on what youre doing with it. roombavac.com IIRC
Regards, NT