Utilising a redundant ridge tile flue outlet

I have a ridge tile flue outlet left when a previous back boiler and flue were removed. I intend fitting a bathroom ceiling fan and wonder if I can use the existing flue outlet to vent through rather than having to make a hole through a gable end wall?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Yes you can. Note that condensation will form inside the pipe and run back down. You will need to trap and deal with this, so it doesn't run back into the fan and drip from the ceiling.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The NHBC on the last newbuilds I worked on allowed the use of insulated ducting and no trap.

Reply to
ARW