Usual central heating question

Thanks for taking the trouble to do the measurements. As I was reading your reply - I started to think about the on/off switch. Adding a relay to that sounds ideal.

I think I have yet another project!

Cheers Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

nicely,

Half a day? If It's estimated to be that short the genset stays in the garage unless it is close or below freezing and/or a bit blowy. Genset wil keep the full CH system running and the fridges and freezers going for as long as I can feed it diesel... Uses about 1 l/hr and has a 25 l tank and I normally have at least one 20 l jerry can of diesel. One of the garages down into has red on a pump (for a price 90p/l last time I looked)...

Last outage of note was 36 hours and it was cold. The outage was caused by an ice storm bringing the lines down in about half a dozen places and the shocks that induces snapping some of the poles. The phone lines had an ice case the best part of 2" dia around them and in places pulled down to 10' above the ground by the weight.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I never turn mine OFF. If inside room 'stats call for heat it "comes on" but only if outside temp is says it's justified which also dictates the temperature of the water being circulated.

:)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Just very unseasonable weather. I have put the heating on in July ion rare occasions.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

You're welcome. They're ubiquitous in motorsport, which is where I use them.

Reply to
Huge

No. Isn't that how thermostats are supposed to work? Turn on if not up to heat, otherwise don't.

'But the radiators are not on...'

No its just the climate being its usual variable self. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff