Using wall units on floor!

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:52:36 +0000 (UTC), "Dave"

Screwfix do a special bracket for fixing cupboards to walls. It allows the cupboard be levelled and pulled tight to the wall . Have a search on their site. They do other brackets also
Paul Mc Cann
wrote:> >On another shift to this, does anyone know where I can find those metal

be
Thanks to you and Andy for the info. I'll take a look. Reason is, my daughter wants some extra kitchen cabinets and she wants to do it on the cheap (it;s not her house) I can knock up the carcass and the doors, but I had not seen these bracket for some time..
Dave
Thanks for the comments - much appreciated. I can't see any problem after reading the advice. The units will be fixed to the wall to give extra rigidity, so all should be well.
Many thanks to all.
Tony

units?
I did this in the past for part of a kitchen with MFI units. Ideal for situation where the kitchen was narrow. I think that I made a simple plinth under the unit to match the others in the kitchen. Worked a treat. It was actually suggested by the salesman in MFI!
Colin
Wall units are basically the same construction as base units. They're probably even the same height (I know mine are - I rearranged the units I had, and ended up using some of the wall unit doors on base units). You can buy spare legs in B&Q, and then the plinth can just clip to them like normal. You'll have to cut down the worktop of course, but that's the only extra work involved.
Mal

plinth

units?
Are these cheaper than floor mounted units?

IMM wrote:

Oddly enough, only a few pounds difference. The normal base units wouldn't be any good for me though because of the depth measurement.
Tony