Using the old carpet as underlay for the new one

Using the old carpet as underlay for the new one.. Is there any problem with this? To me, it seems like a sensible economical thing to do.... but, hey, what do I know?
Jake "If I don't reply to your reply, it doesn't mean you have won the argument; it means I have better things to do with my time"...anon