Using skim for filler

When I finish my partition wall which if it looks ok I dont intend skimming (skimming not my best DIY skill). Can I use some skimming powder I have for joint filling after I tape the joints or do I need to get something else?

Reply to
ss

a dash of pva should help.

NT

Reply to
NT

Yes I have some PVa so will use that.

thanks to all who took the time to reply.

Reply to
ss

By "skimming powder" do you mean finish plaster? If so I would not suggest using it as a filler. Get the proper board fill since it is easier to apply and feather, and more importantly, much much easier to sand to a good finish.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes thats what I was meaning. What brand name for `proper board filler` and where best to buy. I assume I dont need to buy a 20 kilo bag :-( and smaller quantities are available.

Reply to
ss

I'd reccomend

Kg bags available in B&Q IIRC. Easy to use, easy to sand and feather. Not the cheapest though...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Pretty sure wickes do it in 10kg bags. All the PB and plaster makers do it.

e.g.

John Rumm