Using no nails

Would I get away with using `no nails` type product to fix frame for boxing in the waste pipe on toilet instead of screwing the frame to the wall. I ask because it would be easier for me as the `boxing in` is likely to be after everything else has been done and would save me taking the toilet back out.

Reply to
ss

Yes, entirely suitable. Use a premium one like Sticks Like or Stixall, perfect for the job.

Reply to
David Lang

... and what happens when you need to remove it to fix a leak?

Use screws and leave them reasonably visible.

Reply to
cl

I think ss means the glue the frame to wall first, for fixing the 'boxing in' cladding to after the WC is back in place

Reply to
Chris French

Those adhesives are great, but the adhesive is only as strong as what it's stuck to. What I mean is you can stick some wood to the paintwork with a good glue, but the paintwork might come off plaster, or the plaster might come off the bricks, whereas a screw will anchor it back into the masonry. But yes, ideal application for nonails.

Reply to
TimW

In which case I'd got for cladding that's not liable to warp and pull the glue off the wall. Something fairly thin & stable.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The intention is just the frame with `no nails`the plywood boxed part will be screws or possibly magnets to hold in position as I will be tiling the ply.

Reply to
ss

That's how I read it.

Reply to
David Lang

With thinnish material magnets or velcro work better than screws IME

Reply to
stuart noble