Using flexible copper piping for heating systems

Hello, Is it possible to use the flexible "corrugated" copper piping, normally used for tap connections, as part of a central heating system to get around a tight space, or are these fittings not suitable for this purposes?

(I'm assuming of course that I can get some kind of flexible fitting which will connect to normal speedfit fittings rather than just into tap connectors).

Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard Hamer

I have done this, and I have never had any post instalation issues with them. I have no idea if there is some regulation about it.

However when you buy them, check very carefully the ends are round, else you will have loads of issues soldering them. I use an end feed fitting to check the ends. Of cource you can get the compression and push fit ones as well, screwfix do them, as do wickes, each do slightly different ones so I shop where they sell the ones I want for each situation.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

You can, although bear in mind that if you have very tight bends, especially with corrugation as well, it will affect the water flow and increase the noise level somewhat.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Can't see why you'd want to - they'll not make a tighter bend than an elbow.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sir Plowman

If you want a simple 90degree bend, then they are not worth it, but if you want some form of multiple bends then they are great.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Glad to see you know your place, my man.

Then you need a pipe bender - cheap enough these days. But if you're not competent to use one, I'd say plastic pipe is a better bet than those corrugated things - less restriction to the water flow.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)