Using diluted PVA to adhere carpet tiles?

Read somewhere that this can be used in a ratio of 1:5!

Contract carpet tiles onto OSB for my boys' LEGO shed...(don't ask :)

I have gallons of the stuff, so before I go to Wickes and buy a proprietary product (tackifier)

Anybody know if this'll work, enabling easy replacement?

Ta, d.

Reply to
deano

I often use it in school for all sorts of things, wall tiles, carpet tiles, display boards .. it's great stuff to work with and works well if the carpet area isn't regularly damp or likely to get wet too often .. ;).

It's a good idea to start with to lay the carpet tiles out flat somewhere so the edges don't curl up. If they develop a set before trying to stick them, it's unlikely they'll stay flat long enough for PVA to go off sufficiently without some kind of weight on them.

Also, I found the best way is to use dilute PVA fairly liberally but evenly and over both sides to be stuck (floor and tile), then allow them to go off a little so they're tacky when fixing.

We also have access to lots of PVA as it's used in school (Infants) a lot! ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Tub of PVA it is then, with some 2x sided tape for any bits that curl I s'pose. Do they also use it in the school canteen? Always did think the sticky toffee pudding tasted funny;)

Deano.

Reply to
Dean Heighington

Mixed with the swept-up mouse droppings it makes a passable rice pudding ..

Reply to
Paul - xxx