USENET thirty years ago.

Time to dig out your oldest news reader and follow this new communications medium in real time minus 30 years

nntp.olduse.net

No username or password required. You may as well subscribe to everything, there isn't er wasn't that much.

Graham.

Must try and find some of my old posts...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Any left over? Could do with some for my allotment.

Reply to
mike

I wonder who wrote this:

Beishon, M (1984) Usenet's Pranks and Pragmatism. Hardcopy, 13(8), 20--28

Answer: me.

Sadly I don't think I have a copy, not even a hardcopy (and Hardcopy was a US magazine of users of Digital Equipment Co computers such as the Vax and PDP-11, which were the the key Unix machines of the day).

E.

Reply to
eastender

Kinell, it's JR Hartley all over again.

Reply to
Graham.

I need something to pass on to the kids.

E.

Reply to
eastender