Use washing line to support cable with an electric mower

But if you can design one that's better and cheaper ... or just cheaper ...

If you can shotgun a cable and an extraction hose you could have a continuously-emptying grassbox as well.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Then go without a bra.

Reply to
Bod

Ditto.

Reply to
Bod

It's not April 1st, is it? ;)

I'd never heard of an electric wheelbarrow till now!

MM

Reply to
MM

And what about my man baps?

MM

Reply to
MM

Goodness! Are you STILL refusing to accept that the cable sometimes/often gets in the way?

MM

Reply to
MM

Free advice alert.... My ride-on has a *mulching* option which claims to disappear the mowings back to the lawn. In practice, if you mow using the same route, it re-gathers the last lot and eventually puts it in a narrow line. The rotting grass can then damage the lawn.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yep. 3X CABG.

Sternum takes up to a year to heal. Nor was I allowed to lift the garage door, pull or push anything heavier than a couple of pounds, no hoovering, not carry even moderately full shopping bags, and so on.

Some impatient patients [sic] break their sternum wires, do all kinds of damage, the fools.

However, after 2 years my sternum is fully healed, probably stronger, like all bones, than before the saw, so I can pull that jolly old recoil no probs.

MM

Reply to
MM

When I had my heart valve replacement, I was told to take care for twelve weeks, after which I could do things as normal. It wasn't much more than that when my partner had a bad fall and I spent a few weeks lifting her in and out of bed.

Reply to
Nightjar

I looked at ride on mowers, but there appears to be a cartel on sales of new ones. Every source had the same price.

Reply to
Capitol

The same *ludicrous* price.

And if mine's anything to go by, they're utter crap. I was so glad I can weld a bit and have a few tools, because bits break or drop off it all the time. It was obviously designed by an idiot - I particularly 'like' the steering arm that has a 90 degree bend in it and the loads are applied in the plane of the bend, so it fatigues and snaps off. The second time, I welded a fillet in and it's been fine ever since. It's had 2 engine rebuilds and half a dozen starter motor gears (the bit that engages with the flywheel ring gear - they were made of nylon & regularly disintegrate. I note that the latest one is aluminium.)

But then, it is 21 years old.

Reply to
Huge

take the cable up from the mower, put it round the back of your neck and under the arm. It really is so easy...

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I expect Capitols is a fairly heavy duty one but approx a decade ago B and Q stocked thes ,possibly only one batch.

Can't remember what I paid now ,somewhere between £100-£150 which may have been a sale price. Proved to be a boon to my elderly Father who was then in his early eighties . Main Job was moving Logs from the various sheds where they were stored till seasoned and into the porch ready for the Rayburn. Unlike some of the powered wheel barrows I have seen this little plastic job called the LUV which stood for Lawn Utility Vehicle had low sides which made loading easy and being a trycycle design did not require any lifting action from an elderley body. Did the job admirably for a decade till he got too old even to walk far. I did had to repair the direction switch but,that was the fault of my young Nephew and Neice or rather my Sister who let them treat it as a Toy one afternoon and they rode around in it as if it was a Dodgem car. Got rid of after Dad died and Mother moved on, no further use for it and the battery needed replacing by then. It was a US firm who had had it made but when I looked up for a new switch it had already changed hands once and wasn't being sold anymore. G.Harman

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

It simply can't, as you are always moving AWAY form the source of the cable (the pile).

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

And yet, in reality, you are quite disproven.

You know, scientists, when they have an idea, but it's contradicted in reality say "what's wrong with the theory?"

You're not a greenie are you?

Reply to
Tim Watts

No, just someone who's used a mower without such a problem.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...

Reply to
Tim Watts

It's proof that the other person is incompetant. Nowt special about my cable.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Hence use an extraction hose which runs from the mower to a compost-bin at a convenient fixed location.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Bollocks it is...