Use of sane rational arguments to promote the climate change agenda..

Yes, our local academy did that when they moved and rebranded. Very good school if you're a round peg. Square holes, however, are nowhere to be seen.

Reply to
Skipweasel

A few years ago one of our local schools polled the kids, and went for uniform. It saved them all the fashion fights, even the kids could see that.

Work? My last place had a message sent around telling us we couldn't wear jeans on Casual Friday. This came as news to those of us who were not aware we couldn't wear them all week.

I still like the story from a previous employer many years ago, before a very important customer visit.

Senior Manager: Are you Charlie xxxxx? Charlie: Yes. SM: That's no good. C: what isn't? SM: The way you're dressed. C: (looking at his Armani suit) What's wrong with the way I'm dressed? SM: They'll never believe you're an Engineer!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

We still have uniforms around here - we also still have Grammar schools.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yup. The one I mentioned is a 'grammar academy'...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Granary?

Reply to
Skipweasel

And ain't that a dull read?

Reply to
Skipweasel

I used to read it > > We still have uniforms around here - we also still have Grammar schools= .

The first head of my school said he envisioned it as a comprehensive grammar school.

-- JGH

Reply to
jgharston

How does a comprehensive grammar school differ from a grammar school?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Quite comprehensively ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

Non-selective intake, multi-ability curriculum, streamed teaching.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

OK. we take anybody..

give them useless courses..

and select them once they get here! Simples!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Then it's a comprehensive school, not a grammar school. Some comprehensive schools that used to be grammar keep the name but they are not grammar schools.

Reply to
Mark

Yeah, why not.

One example was A Level Applied Mathematics combined with Mechanical Engineering. Worked quite well. Before we were re-organised in the mid-'80s[*] we had more "thickos from council estates" leaving with good Maths, English and Science O levels than a lot of other schools in the region.

[*] Having some pupils doing better than others? That's elitism! We can't have that! Make sure everybody gets the same results.

and allow them to be in different streams in different subjects according to their ability, and allow them to move between streams as ability changes.

Yep.

-- JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Well I know what you mean - but technically a Grammar School is a place where you teach grammar. Latin grammar to be exact.

There's no real reason why you shouldn't teach Latin to a mixed ability group. The Romans all managed to learn it.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

To be pedantic that was the old meaning. Nowadays (in Britain) it means a school that selects pupils based on "ability".

Reply to
Mark

Most of them spoke Greek according to QI

Reply to
hugh