USB SNAG

I have a TV with a USB port. When the TV is on the USB port is live.

This is ideal for my application of using an Android stick device which is powered via the usb port in the TV. to receive video/TV streams from another device via WIFI . and then displays them on the TV via a spare HDMI port . When I turn off the TV the Android stick also goes off.

THE SNAG IS

The USB port in the TV does not produce enough power for the android stick to run properly.

So I need the TV USB port to switch some sort of relay that will give me more power in a usb format .

I've tried a powered USB hub but it does not switch on and off with the TV

I could just pull the power plug ( mini usb ) out of the android stick but the TV is mounted high in a corner of the bedroom so not practical I have some LightwaveRF kit that would do it, but that's like cracking a walnut with a sledge hammer

Any cheap and simple ideas folks ??

Chris

Reply to
christopher

I've seen distribution boards with one socket for the TV and others which turn off when there's no (or very little) power drawn from the TV socket - maybe that would work.

Reply to
docholliday93

On Monday, February 25, 2013 6:16:12 PM UTC, snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEbundy.co.uk wro te:

Does your TV have another (spare) USB port? If so, a dual input USB cable m ight work, eg:

The black plug provides power/data and the red one provides an additional p ower-only feed.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Just spotted that that URL is asking for trouble, here's another if it does n't work:

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

The generic way to shrink any Amazon product URL, without using any URL shortening service ...

Andy Burns

Thanks for that Andy - good to know.

Reply to
Mathew Newton

To save typing, just click on 'Share' at the bottom of the panels on the right hand side, and copy and paste the permalink from there.

Reply to
Bob Eager