USB boiler connection.

It was a quote from the manual, given that virtually the entire ASCII character set was used. Mind you, it is 30 years since I last used TECO...

[Googles]

Blimey, there are Linux ports of it;

'd download it, but I suspect I'd be very disappointed. I installed MUMPS for a laugh a few weeks ago, only to discover that it was nothing like as nice as I remembered.

Reply to
Huge

I was using it last week. You may remember I built a clone of a PDP-8, running OS/8. Nice familiar editor...! Worrying how quickly it all came back...

Reply to
Bob Eager

You sicko. :o)

Ah. I never used an '8. I saw one in the Physics Lab once. :o)

And behold;

huge@amun:~/Prog/teco/tecoc0398/doc$ grep not wchart.txt ^F not implemented VT not a TECO command ^P not a TECO command ^S immediate mode: not yet implemented ^\ not a TECO command ^] not a TECO command

I was right. Control-] *isn't* a TECO command!

Aaarggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Huge

In message , Mark writes

There are times when you have no choice

Reply to
geoff

Sounds like Baddow research not quite understanding the meaning of a fixed price contract... once when working on a stabilised platform for a night vision system, they were contracted to design some kalman filtering algorithms to assist with the stabilisation. They came back with the work only half done and said "we have run out of money, you will need to give us another fixed price contract if you want us to finish it". The daft thing was the project management did! I don't think they ever did complete it in the end.

Reply to
John Rumm

Oh yes we would, cos their are pros to offset the cons, and the good times are way better than the alternatives.

Reply to
John Rumm

ah yes... still not much to match "edit/tpu" (login.com defined a "eve" of course!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Still using it occasionally...have three VAXes here at home! As well as a real PDP-11 and my replica PDP-8...

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Bob Eager writes

Don't want a couple of Alphas as well do you?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Never had an Alpha...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I always thought the trick for dynamic recompilation of older VAX binaries on the fly was rather neat...

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, I've heard about that...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Hmmm... would you be surprised to hear what the avionics box was supposed to do?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I hope he filled out the 27 change notes as well..and circulated them to the relevant personnel..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You poor bastard! One of those.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Didn't know that. Most of my work was on Alphas though.

Does anyone use VMS nowadays? The last client of ours that uses it is going to migrate to Linux soon.

Reply to
Mark

In message , Mark writes

Don't know how many use VMS (apart from 'certain' clients who have to for some very good reasons) Most use Tru64 and a few use Linux. Lots are dumping for HP integrity though.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

We still have a few at my PoE.

Reply to
Huge

Do not play around with boilers. Plantpots like you can kill.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nice to see you are so concerned for me. In return can I come round and play with your boiler? I promise to get some tips from Geoff and others first...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)