urgent problem re one shot instant drain cleaner

Hello-have used this product to clear blockage in loo-I think one of the kids put a load of loo roll down it.Caustic soda did n't work so tried one shot and now have a solid white mass at bottom of loo that can't be broken up.Any ideas what to use to dissolve it?many thanks dawn

Reply to
Dawn and David

Well, you've illustrated the point that's always worried me about those things: what happens when they don't work? (A bit optimistic in any case to hope it would dissolve a wodge of bog-paper!)

Personally I'd try rodding it through with my flexible friend - a 4ft long "spring" which is designed to clear plug-holes and the like. You can get 'em at any and every hardware shop or B&Q-type place.

I would try to break up the blockage with that (wearing my Marigolds), and taking care not to push it too far down, and not to fall in). Then I'd try to shift the mass by shoving the toilet brush vigorously up and down into to the u-bend (with ditto precautions), using the slight vacuum effect caused by the back-and-forth motion.

This might work; if so, your reward is one of the most satisfying effects known to mankind.

If it don't -- erm -- perhaps there are already better ideas in the pipeline (no pun intended).

John

p.s. Have your large outdoor bucket ready beside the toilet for placing used tools in, and cover the floor with newspaper first.

p.p.s. Yes, I have experience in this field.

Reply to
John

"Dawn and David" wrote in news:cnku3h$d25$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk:

Push it through with kids

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Hello Dawn, distasteful as it may seem, you might be best off just sticking your arm in there and removing the waste, if that can be done. Of course this should not be attempted if you have any open cuts, sores, skin complaints or wounds and adequate washing facilities should be readily available. A product you could try is blockbuster, now sold by Arrow chemicals.

sulphuric acid but it does work well and is costly. I have no connection with the firm but I use this product and would recommend it. You would not believe the range of items that people try to flush down our (semi-commercial) loos. Unfortunately I am usually the one tasked to deal with blockages. An upside is that I am rarely the teaboy! Hope this is of some assistance, and good luck.

Dogs best friend

Reply to
dogs best friend

If the stuff is the "One Shot" I have a bottle of in the cupboard its

98% Sulphuric Acid and this would be a monumentally stupid idea.

You would have plenty shortly afterwards.

Reply to
Peter Parry