Urgent - Forte agent help needed

Blimey

It's been a while since I posted here, this newsgroup used to be reasonably free of trolls and sad bastards but clearly a couple of people are using their computer without telling their mummy.

Can I block people using agent so I don't have to see their bandwidth draining drivel?

If so how, as I'm not a newsreader expert.

Cheers

Reply to
BodgeIt

I don't know about your version of Agent, but on v1.93 you go to Message > Filters > Kill filter, where you can select Author or Subject, and set various values.

If you go to Group > Default Properties > Filters, you can set the default parameters.

TF

Reply to
Terry Fields

Whilst on the subject, if you read the Help, it also suggests you can use :-

body:

raw-body:

but I can't get it to accept those terms. has anyone got that working ?

Reply to
Andy Cap

Cheers Terry

Reply to
BodgeIt

My version of Agent doesn't support that, but there is an Agent newsgroup that's pretty good, you could try there:

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

HTH

TF

Reply to
Terry Fields

Thanks

Reply to
Andy Cap

Right click, Filters, New Kill Filter, Paste Author (if not already there), then your choice of action.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

I use Hamster (as a proxy) as it has more powerful rules. Most spammers/trolls keep changing email addresses so filtering on this rarely worls IMHO.

Reply to
Mark