URGENT - fabric dye

Hi I have until tomorrow morning to 'deal with' a twin seat - out of a coach - that has that wonderfully rustic orange/brown check fabric with period brown vinyl banding. Ideally I want something to do both bits but its the fabric thats worst. Seats are in wonderful condition, not at all worn, except for this lovely colour scheme. What can I buy somewhere this evening (B&Q, Halfords, etc) that I can dye this material a less 1970 colour? Black would do fine, if I could find something that would dye the seats but not come off on someones white trousers when they sat on them! Any ideas very gratefully received

Reply to
pork'n'stuffing

Having tried this in the past, I would NOT recommend it - any dye you can brush on will almost certainly rub off sooner or later. You'd be better to make an elasticated and/or velcroed slipcover for it.

Reply to
S Viemeister

If that desperate for time, I'd take a piece of cloth and glue it on. That buys enough time to do it properly later. Any cloth should do for now.

The story is curious: care to tell us more?

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton