URGENT - fabric dye

Hi I have until tomorrow morning to 'deal with' a twin seat - out of a coach - that has that wonderfully rustic orange/brown check fabric with period brown vinyl banding. Ideally I want something to do both bits but its the fabric thats worst. Seats are in wonderful condition, not at all worn, except for this lovely colour scheme. What can I buy somewhere this evening (B&Q, Halfords, etc) that I can dye this material a less 1970 colour? Black would do fine, if I could find something that would dye the seats but not come off on someones white trousers when they sat on them! Any ideas very gratefully received
pork'n'stuffing wrote:

Having tried this in the past, I would NOT recommend it - any dye you can brush on will almost certainly rub off sooner or later. You'd be better to make an elasticated and/or velcroed slipcover for it.

If that desperate for time, I'd take a piece of cloth and glue it on. That buys enough time to do it properly later. Any cloth should do for now.
The story is curious: care to tell us more?
Regards, NT