URGENT: Electrolux Freezer Help

Hi

We have an old upright Electrolux Fridge/Freezer (early 80s) and I noticed that the freezer was just starting to defrost yesterday. The freezer works OK on the boost setting so I'm suspecting the thermostat. Can anyone tell me how to get the cover off the switch and thermostat housing in the freezer top RH corner?

Andy

Reply to
Drew

A model number might help.

Reply to
Hiram Hackenbacker

It's a TR1241 but I've sorted it now by drilling out 2 plastic retaining plugs.

Thanks for your response - Andy

Reply to
Andy

You shouldn't have to drill them out. If you'd put a flat blade screwdriver in the edge of them, they should have popped out of their skin like these.

BigWallop