Urgent and vitally important party shoes question!

Velcro. Just wear some nice knee high wooly socks and those there boots ain't comin' off for no-one. Sorted.

HTH, etc..

Reply to
Abso

John Borman

================= Double sided carpet tape. Brush over with a woollen glove to reduce the 'stickiness'.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Hi and Happy New Year to all, I have a last minute party shoes problem! Now I'm not usually a fancy shoes and high heels person but tonight is to be the exception. I'm not good at walking with heels at the best of times but these shoes are mules, ie open at the back, so flip up and down a bit like flip flops. The insides of the shoes are very slippery and this combined with tights makes the shoes slip around and it is difficult to keep them on. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could put inside the shoes to give more friction but without being sticky? Got some insoles but they are a bit thick so make the shoes a bit tight and in any case are only slightly less slippery. I wondered about a thin smear of clear silicon/acrylic allowed to dry. Any other good DIY ideas please? TIA Holly

Reply to
Holly

How about a thin coat of dilute PVA, left to dry?

Reply to
Bob Eager

The solution most commonly adopted in these parts is to put on your shoes before your tights with a hole cut for the heel.

Reply to
robert

Well, you could try spraying in a little 3M Spray Mount. It's designed to stick photographic prints and artwork etc. up in displays, temporarily if needed, and to allow initial repositioning. It is not a glue as such - you can remove the prints even after some time. It just gives a surface tackiness, so if you sprayed it inside the shoes (but not on the tights) it should do the job. Might go with tacky party shoes! {Gaffaw}

It will wear off in time, but if you had to reapply it from time to time it would be no great hardship. A 400ml can should last you ages!

See

for some info - it's the blue can. You can find it in artists' materials shops, decent stationers, etc.. I know, 'cos I've got some.

HTH

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

If the sticky suggestions don't work, you could try attaching heel straps made of the clear, thin, flat elastic often used in lingerie and swimsuits. It's nearly invisible, and should help hold the shoes on your feet.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

Superglue.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In the event, it'd be nice to know what Holly used and how well it worked...!

(and how good the party was!)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thanks to everyone for the replies to my question and for your suggestions, all of which have disappeared in OE and I'm too lazy to google to quote them. Someone, Bob Eager I think, asked that I let you know what I tried and how the party went. Well, in the end, I didn't get a chance to try any of them! Three couples including us organised the party and one of the women called just after I posted to say that her husband had announced that he was leaving them. We all ended up doing alot of talking and deciding to go ahead with the party, to which said couple came although the wife spent most of the evening in tears. I wore the shoes with the floppy insoles which were better than nothing, but in the circumstances no one ended up doing much dancing anyway and the shoes were the least of my worries. Said couple decided after a couple of days to give it another try......bad timing or what?!

So, I'll experiment in advance before any future parties and if I find the perfect non-slip solution I'll post again.

Original message quoted below in case anyone wants to know what this was all about, thanks again Holly

Reply to
Holly