UPVC windows: Should every frame have a drain hole, exterior, bottom?

I acquired a UPVC double glazed window that I'm ready to install. I'm curio us to note that there is no drain hole in the frame's exterior, so any wate r that gets into the frame could only exit through the fram-fixing screw ho les. This looks like a no-no to me. Shouldn't every UPVC frame have a drain hole visible at the bottom of the outside, to allow water/moisture to drai n to the outside of the building?

TIA JD

Reply to
wasaol

ious to note that there is no drain hole in the frame's exterior, so any wa ter that gets into the frame could only exit through the fram-fixing screw holes. This looks like a no-no to me. Shouldn't every UPVC frame have a dra in hole visible at the bottom of the outside, to allow water/moisture to dr ain to the outside of the building?

Some do, some don't have apparent holes. I think they depend on water getting out at the screw holes for locks and hinges.

Reply to
harry

urious to note that there is no drain hole in the frame's exterior, so any water that gets into the frame could only exit through the fram-fixing scre w holes. This looks like a no-no to me. Shouldn't every UPVC frame have a d rain hole visible at the bottom of the outside, to allow water/moisture to drain to the outside of the building?

Hmmm... That could explain it - thanks!

JD

Reply to
wasaol