UPVC windows

Looking for UPVC windows for a garage, size 870mm x 1100, been quoted £600 for two which seems a little expensive. No fancy inside woodwork required, just a standard window, the walls are made of concrete blocks. Anywhere online I could get a quote to compare?

Reply to
Craig

Get a quote here :

Alec

Seems expensive for those sizes for supply-only for self-fitting, even for double-glazed units. U-Fit will quote online and not ask for your contact details. There will be replacement window manufacturers in your Yellow Pages who do supply-only for self-fitting, and who will give you quotes on the phone, and also supply fixings, sealant and trims.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

I've bought from Screwfix, and am pleased with the quality. You also get DIY fitting instructions. They only do stock sizes, but the ones closest to the size you require seem to be about half the price you've been quoted.

Dave Plowman (News)

Very expensive if that's a supply-only price (is it?). I've got a quote in front of me for a comparably-sized single-opener window 935x1072 mm for 126 GBP incl VAT - that's from a local uPVC window manufacturer. Even if yours was a supply and fit price, I'd be baulking at paying 350 for fitting two of these!

David

Reply to
Lobster

suppliers will do made-to-measure ones at the same size at lower cost (which ties in with my previous post).

Seems to me there's huge variation in prices of windows; eg one local company I've tried quote me about 50-100% higher than others. Many are happy to haggle especially if you have proof of a better deal elsewhere

David

Reply to
Lobster

They might do, but of the same quality? The Screwfix ones I've got seem as good as any I've seen and better than many.

Always worth shopping around. Trouble may be knowing how well made they are.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Haven't seen Screwfix's - these happen to be Rehau brand which seem fine to me.

David

Reply to
Lobster