UPVC Repairs

Dear All,

I managed to damage the UPVC internal window sill at the weekend whilst breaking down some fitted wardrobes. A nail managed to put a nice little hole in the sill and I was wondering if anyone has any idea how this could be filled or fixed?

Is there such thing as a filling compound for UPVC

The windows are fairly new so the damage really stands out at the moment.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Regards, Ian.

Reply to
Ian Murray

Screwfix16700 is an adhesive that you could build up in layers for small holes like this. You are unlikely to make an invisible repair but allow to dry for quite some time (week) and then polish out with metal polish or T cut. After a while the rest will get dirty and crapped on by the birds and no one will notice!

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I hope he doesn't have birds crapping on the window sill inside his bedroom!

Try asking at your glazier. You might have some joy with solvent adhesive/filler with chippings in allowed to dissolve, but I wouldn't bank on it, and would test on something else first!

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

Doh! Sorry I did not read that bit! Still he might have a budgie??

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin