UPVC patio door hinge adjustment

Hi,

i have a set of regular opening upvc patio doors atthe rear of my house and it appears that the hinges need some adjustment.

Looking from the inside you can see the door isn't hanging level and there is a pronounced gap around the top adge where you can see daylight at the right angle.

Looking at the hinges from the outside they appear to have a 4mm hex key adjusting screw of some sort, i've tried winding it in somewhat with a little sucess.

Is there any method to this adjustment? and is there any further adjusting i can do with them?

Tia.

Ian.

Reply to
IJH

If theyre like the last ones I did, the hinge covers pop off revealing all the adjustments inside.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I've got a door which has 2 adjusters on each hinge - requiring different sized Allen keys, just for good measure.

One (at the top) appears to rotate the hinge pin in an eccentric fashion - so turning it moves the door both parallel to and perpendicular to the door opening. The other one (at the side) just moves the door towards or away from the frame (parallel to the opening).

I found that I needed to set the top adjuster first, to move the door in and out to the correct position relative to the frame flange - without worrying about what it did in the other plane. And *then* use the other adjuster to get an even vertical gap between door and frame.

Hope this makes some sort of sense, if your door is like mine - it's easier to do than to explain!

Reply to
Roger Mills

check to see if the jambs are plumb and the head is level

if the door is not square it wont fit properly in a square opening obviously

if the door is out of square you may have to adjust the shims around the glass

jake

Reply to
jack

If it's not the hinges it might be that the frame is out of alignment and in need of toeing and heeling. See

DIY