UPVC glazing rubber seal

Are these replaceable? mine appear to have shrunk as they do not seal and the cold winter wind will be rushing though again this year Is there a roll of rubber seal I could purchase to do the job? TIA

Reply to
Vass

is it round a door closure or the seal that seals around the glass, if its the latter there are two types (well with what I have played with) some are stuck to the beading and some are pushed in after the beading is fitted to "tighten" the glass. in all cases I've seen the rubbers are replaceable as they squeeze into a T channel. If they are the ones in the glazing and they are the fixed to beading type are the beads fitted correclty in the slots, its easy to think they are in and they will fit but the glass will be slightly loose, when they click in place correctly they will be super tight, as for the other type it is the rubber that is squeezed in between the loose bead and glass tightening everything up, they will be easier to replace

Reply to
Staffbull

I think these are likely to be proprietary to the model of window - do you know what it is and where it came from? If you have a local uPVC window supplier it would be worth enquiring there - if they make up the windows from scratch, they are sure to have rolls of the seals around. Even if they don't have yours, they are likely to be able to identify it

- if you can't take a sample along, maybe a close-up digital photo would do?

David

Reply to
Lobster

This is where the opening window, closes on the frame, against a rubber seal there are metal fittings halfway up, that I guess are supposed to have a clamp operation as the window closes, these appear to be doing nothing.

Reply to
Vass