uPVC front door leaning on its hinges

Hi,

My uPVC front door leans slightly on its hinges. It still closes and locks, but when open it leans slightly, which makes the bottom corner rub against the door frame when I close it -- and it does need a gentle shove to get it fully closed.

I can't say much about the hinges; they have plastic covers, which presumably come off somehow.

Is this potentially something I can fix myself, or should I get the double-glazing people in?

Thanks

- Ian

Reply to
Ian Chard

If the hinges need adjusting, get the covers off and there are probably a few allen head adjusting bolts. That's how I did mine. Covers might be held by a small grubscrew in the bottom edge.

If the frame itself has "settled", I don't know.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Is it that the door has dropped because (possibly) it wasn't wedged properly in the first place?

If It is then I think it's a matter of de-glazing / paneling, applying the appropriate wedges (shims?) in the right corners (lower inner and upper outer?) and re-glazing/paneling again?

T i m

Reply to
T i m

The hinge covers pop off, then you can adjust the mechanisms

NT

Reply to
meow2222