UPVC double glazing-what to look for?

Hi, my existing woodene frames are well past it and i have a man who is highly recommended and i have seen examples of his work. Ikonw this is a diy NG but i dont have the time so I need to get a man in !.

With regard to window manufacture,what do i need to look for? eg internal beading ,good locks etc,,

thanks

joe

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

We are doing some work for a DG co. They reckon:

-70mm Frames

-Fully welded joints

-internally glazed are the best you can get. Look for FENSA members too.

From experience, pick a company that employs their own fitters rather than subbies.

Reply to
The Smiths

yes,ive just had a look at

lots of useful info there. He recommends

as a manufacturer.

I know a man in the trade who is self employed. Ive had a look at a neighbours job that he did and it looks very well and she said he was very good,tidy etc and there was practically no making good i.e no replasering,no horrible plastic trims inside etc. He just prefers to be paid cash. Mind you,there are so many cowboys in this game that i doubt whether i could do better employing one of the big names as some of them change names every five years to duck their liabilities/bodged jobs etc.. joe

Reply to
tarquinlinbin