UPVC Doors

We are about to order new doors and we have a following requirement for external UPVC doors: Patio Door French Doors Main Entrance Door (1 meter wide) Anglian Windows have said that since there is a powered whellchair user occupant - they would require stone steps and this has totally confused us. Do you know of current practices for the above door thresholds and are there any recommendations as regards what the builder would have to prepare? I really dont know how I should prepare the opening for them.

Sidkney

Reply to
SidKnee

Standard configuration for all external doors has a PVCu cill on the outside. If the cill projects forwards from the exterior wall it is only supported under the door. This means that there could be flexing if a ramp is placed on it.

Anglian are probably suggesting that the doors are made without cills and fixed to a concrete base to facilitate wheelchair access.

You need further discussion with a technical person rather than the salesman.

Reply to
Ziggur