uPVC cill caps

I just added 2 windows to a new project, and instead of standard cills went to window supplier and got hold of extra deep (180mm) cills.

They fitted recess perfectly.

However at the time he did not have end caps .."they are on the van"

3 months later still no end caps, and he can't tell me what make the cills are.

I know they are not Profile 22 as checked them .............. anybody know what profile these are, the big difference is that the leading edge has a more pronounced chamfered step, whereas profile 22 has a straight step. I have upload a pic that show the profile that I need end cap for and for comparison a standard end cap for profile 22.

The cill only protrudes about 30mm past reveal ... but need something that matches the shape .... probably having to go and make something, but thought I'd try the knowledge bank here first.

Rick Hughes

help to you, I'm afraid, but could you tell me how deep the cill is? I am sizing window openings on a new build and need to know how much to add to the window height.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Its always been 30mm high when I've done windows. Thats screwfix, B&Q and local window manufacturer. But, still best to check ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

the depth is pretty standard on cills ...30mm.

remember to allow 10mm under cill, that allows accurate leveling ... then and at least 5mm on each side & top.

You fix & wedge in place, there should be slight gap all round ...

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Thanks - very helpful :-)

Reply to