UPS that is UN-interrupt-able;!..

Interesting, but unfortunately a very different discharging scenario from the one that interests us the most (much slower; order of 12 months or so).

Reply to
Espen H. Koht

very best self discharge is lithium polymer..but even so I am not sure the life goes much beyond 3 years typically.

Charge is also pretty easy. Just limit voltage to 4.2 v per cell and current to about the same as the hourly capacity, and they are happy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , at

23:29:47 on Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Espen Koht remarked:

I haven't done a rigorous comparison, but they seem to last well enough. Better than "value" brands from the supermarket, I'd say.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 02:50:19 on Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Alex Selby remarked:

Morrisons value Long Life (Zinc) 44 minutes

Reply to
Roland Perry

Reply to
Espen Koht

In message , at

20:03:01 on Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Espen Koht remarked:

The Maplin ones are half price at 15p each (per 100) inc VAT, so sound like a good deal in any case. I'll have a look at Morrisons next time I'm there. (But I did get four light bulbs for 28p last time, which seemed too good to be true).

Reply to
Roland Perry