Upgarding insulation in single-storey extension roof

I'm replacing the kitchen ceiling in our single storey extension and wondering about beefing up the insulation.

It's a shallow-pitched, tiled roof with 9cm Kingspan between the rafters and air gap above (under the felt) for ventilation.

The Kingspan is friction-fitted but not very accurately cut in some places.

I reckon for about £95 + battens I could add a Tri-Iso type foil layer before plasterboarding. But is it worth it? Is there enough Kingspan to do the job even with the minor gaps?

Ta for any advice.

Reply to
David

You'll need to calc the cost of heat loss with each option to work out if its worth it. Be aware that silver foiled bubble wrap type insulators tend not to live upto their claimed specs IRL, as the test conditions dont match normal use conditions.

NT

Reply to
meow2222