Updating Septic Tank

indeed, it has been cowboyed, one bath empties into the rainwater drains!

Have ordered food dye to pour down the drains to investigate what goes where.

g[]

Reply to
george - dicegeorge

I have ordered some food dye and will pour it down various drains to see if maybe theres an unknown soakaway for rain water because if all the rainwater goes in the septic tank then maybe we'll need a whole new system of pipes for either drainage or sewers.

[g]
Reply to
george - dicegeorge

The details are probably shown here.

/geho0911budu-e-e.pdf

They require most systems to be registered if they are not already covered by a permit. Eventually it is likely that the EA wil do some form of inspection may force a lot to be repleced with modern systems. However, there are a huge number of non compliant systems and it is a mammoth job to do administratively let alone enforcing the regulations. There has been a requirement not to discharge harmful effulent for many years but it is seldom enforced simply because the EA have not become aware of it.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

The requirement for compulsory registration of existing small systems has not been implemented as the government are supposed to be organising a consultation.

I believe that this has already been mentioned in this thread.

Reply to
Bill Taylor